You must have heard your doctor prescribing prebiotics to you when you have gut problems. But what is it? Is prebiotics the same as probiotics? Most people confuse prebiotics with probiotics, while they are absolutely different from each other, they serve the same function; that is aiding your gut health. Probiotics are living microorganisms that increase the good bacteria count in the intestinal lining. These good bacteria play a critical part in food digestion and absorption. Prebiotics and probiotics go hand in hand as the former are used as a food source for the good bacteria/probiotics in the gut lining.
Prebiotics cannot be digested by the body on its own that is why it acts as a food source for the good bacteria/yeast in the gut. Good bacteria help to metabolize the prebiotic which is a special type of fiber mostly obtained from plant sources. As the good bacteria in the small intestine continue to grow, they produce certain vital enzymes and fatty acids which accelerate human digestion. Prebiotics optimize general health by:
- Increasing bowel movements and preventing constipation.
- It also significantly reduces the margins of developing bowel inflammatory diseases and colon cancer.
- Efficient food digestion also aids the body’s overall metabolic strength which helps to prevent obesity and weight gain.
- Better digestion implements a better nutrient absorption rate of other crucial minerals and vitamins contained in the semi-digested food that passes the colon.
- Prebiotic consumption is also linked to the absorption of important fatty acids in the stomach lining, which reduces bad cholesterol levels.
Hence, it is advantageous for us to get our daily prebiotic doses. But are there any reliable sources? Performance Lab Prebiotic is a reliable supplement produced by Opti Nutra Ltd., that will cater to all your stomach problems without creating additional problems. The good news is, that it also comes with stunning offers and additional perks. Let’s read more about this Prebiotic Supplement from this review.
What is Performance Lab Prebiotic?
Performance Lab Prebiotic is a special plant-sourced fiber that helps to multiply the good bacteria in the stomach lining. The supplement provides nutriment to the already existing good bacteria colony in the gut instead of overloading the digestive tract with the growth of various distinct types of beneficial yeast/bacteria. An increased crowding of various probiotic strains or cultures of bacteria may lead to opposite side effects and cause gut inflammation. Hence, this supplement has an upgraded natural recipe that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria which soothes the elementary track and optimizes the absorption of essential nutrients.
- Rapid multiplication of good bacteria also boosts the body’s defense mechanism and ability to fight harmful bacteria/viruses that fortifies the immune system.
- An improvement in digestion strengthens the metabolism.
- A good metabolism power ensures better emulsification of fats and phospholipids, which help to manage weight and reduce LDL/Bad Cholesterol in the blood.
- It also provides an additional benefit of suppressing appetite and reducing the caloric density of the food consumed, which ultimately prevents fat gain and obesity.
- It is crafted using science-backed nutrition technologies procured from Chicory Root Extract.
- Not only stomach health but also bone health is looked after by the potent product by amplifying the process of calcium absorption.
- It is contained in NutiCaps capsules which come in the size-00, making it convenient to swallow and handier. These natural capsules are made of pullulan or fermented tapioca.
- What is even more attractive is that these capsules are also packed with prebiotic benefits, which further enhances the purpose of the supplement.
- And last but not least, this ultra-modern and clean product is also covered by interesting offers and discounts which will make your purchase experience absolutely delightful.
What is the scientific explanation behind its working?
The Prebiotic Supplement by Performance Lab has an upgraded and advanced formulation supported by science and statistics. The product has the ingredient called Orafti Synergy Inulin-FOS. Both FOS and Inulin are plant-based fibers that can mix in water. Inulin has a long-chained structure while FOS has a short-chained fiber which is obtained from the root extract of chicory. These fibers pass through the stomach without getting digested and reach the lining of the small intestine where they get utilized as food for good bacteria.
- The supplement promotes the growth of a specific strain of bacteria called Bifidobacterium which has been proven for being better for digestive health, than most other good bacteria groups.
- It exhibits a stronger absorption capability for a variety of beneficiary nutrients and minerals.
- It can alleviate/reduce the functions of harmful bacteria present in the gut lining with its higher metabolic stamina and can prevent irritability and infections.
- The combination of Inulin-FOS aids gastrointestinal functions mainly by two major means.
- First, it promotes probiotic activities, and
- Second, it offers support for soluble fibers.
- It helps to multiply probiotic Bifidobacterium which helps in the breakage of complex foods and vitamins.
- It also balances the pH levels of the small intestine which disables the growth of bad bacteria like Candida albacans, E.coli, etc.
- It also makes the body’s immunity better by synthesizing immune cell macrophages and lymphocytes.
- It also provides additional nutritional support by aiding the production of vital B-vitamins and Vitamin K in the digestive tract.
- Lastly, the fiber contained in the products helps in water retention and smoothens bowel movement which prevents constipation and inflammation.
- Furthermore, it also helps to keep the weight in check by blocking the production of the hormone called Ghrelin which promotes hunger.
- Fiber helps to bind cholesterol with bile secreted by the liver which helps eliminate LDL from the body.
Performance Lab Prebiotic Ingredients:
- Calories: The supplement contains only 4 calories per serving, which makes it absolutely perfect for people who are following a weight loss program and want to keep a count on their daily calorie consumption. The prebiotic fiber also has added advantages to increasing metabolism which further accelerates fat loss.
- Carbohydrates 2 g: Carbohydrates belong to the family of macronutrients like protein and fat. There are two types of it, namely:
- Complex and
Simple sugars can be directly absorbed by the body and are contained in substances like sugar granules, milk products, honey, sugared drinks and foods, bakery products, etc.
Whereas, complex carbohydrates need to be broken down by the body into simple forms of sugar to get digested. Brown rice, bread, corn, and sweet potatoes are popular sources of complex sugar. Be it simple or complex, carbohydrates are needed by the body to get energy, as it needs glucose sources continually to perform all tasks.
A. It keeps the stomach full and keeps you fresh and happy by signaling the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin.
B. The good fiber contained present in complex carbs helps to prevent indigestion and constipation.
Complex carbohydrates present in prebiotics cannot be broken down by the body, that is why they get stored in the small intestine undigested to feed the good bacteria of the gut. This leads to the rapid multiplication of bifidobacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. These healthy bacteria help in the synthesis of short-chained fatty acids and energy that can be utilized by the body for the betterment of its functions.
This strain of microorganisms reduces gas, and bloating and helps to eliminate waste material effectively. Good digestion enables the mind to relax and have a goodnight’s sleep. It also helps to control LDL levels and prevent blood sugar from spiking.
- Fiber 1.7 g: It is a compound that the body is not able to break down. There are two main types of dietary fiber:
- Soluble and
Soluble fiber can easily get mixed with water molecules and can be utilized by the healthy bacteria present in the gastrointestinal tract. Insoluble fiber cannot mix with water molecules. Soluble fiber is the fuel for good bacteria in the gut to function. There are about 1000 distinct types of bacteria/yeast living in your gut. But they are good for your health as they help the body to perform various actions, that it is incapable of doing by itself.
Our body lacks the enzymes to break down soluble fiber, which is why it travels down to the GI tract where it gets fed on by healthy species of bacteria to release energy. The fiber contained in the product acts as a prebiotic for these microorganisms surviving in the gut. Furthermore, fiber intake can suppress hunger by keeping the stomach full and aid weight management. It absorbs water into the semi-digested food in the small intestine which further delays the absorption of vital nutrients and controls appetite.
The carbohydrate along with the soluble fiber present in the supplement can help reduce blood sugar levels from spiking frequently. Studies have also indicated the good effects of fiber in removing bad cholesterol from the blood. It prevents constipation and other irritability by absorbing large quantities of water to volumize the stool. Bulked-up stool aids bowel movement and effective excretion of waste/toxins. The involvement of fiber in your diet can protect you from colorectal cancer risks.
- Inulin-FOS (as Orafti Synergy1) (FructoOligoSaccharides from Chicory root 2 g): The ingredient has a powerful combination of Inulin and FOS which are both popular for proving probiotic digestive benefits. Both of these containments can be found in Chicory Root Extract. Chicory root is made of 20% of Inulin and 10% of FOS.
- These fibers remain undigested and feed a specific kind of healthy bacteria in the elementary canal, which is called Bifidobacterium. This results in a spontaneous growth of the bacteria species which act like a probiotic. These bacteria contain an enzyme, which is not naturally produced in the body.
- This enzyme secretion breaks down the soluble fiber and radiates energy.
- As Bifidobacterium ferments the fiber it releases Lactic acid which balances the pH level of the gut and prevents harmful pathogens like E.coli and Candida albacans from forming.
- It also induces the formation of immunity-enhancing macrophages and lymphocytes.
- It also promotes faster and better absorption of nutrients like calcium, zinc, iron, and magnesium by making the digestion environment favorably acidic.
- Inulin-FOS transforms the semi-digested food into the form of a gel by infusing water molecules into it, which makes it increase in bulk and firmer for smoother bowel movements.
- It also helps to reduce symptoms of constipation.
- The fiber stops the synthesis of the hunger hormone named Ghrelin, which controls hunger and the formation of triglycerides to reduce weight.
- It manages the Glycemic index of the food consumed and reduces increased glucose levels.
- It helps to bind bile with cholesterol which decreases the absorption of the latter and protects the heart.
Performance Lab Prebiotic Benefits:
- Targets the growth and multiplication of a specific bacteria group called Bifidobacterium instead of various species and strains to avoid stomach problems.
- Has a clean and modern formula to provide maximum digestion comfort.
- Boosts the immunity of the body by preventing the growth of bad bacteria in the GI tract.
- Contains soluble fiber and patented Inulin-FOS which optimize the absorption of various minerals and ensure probiotic backing.
- Uplift the metabolism in the body and aids weight management by accelerating the fat burning process.
- It controls appetite by obstructing the production of the hunger-promoting hormone named Ghrelin and synthesizing the peptide YY hormone which is responsible for increasing satiety.
- Stabilized glucose content in the blood and regulates bad cholesterol or LDL levels in the body for better heart function.
- It ensures smooth bowel movement and no symptoms of constipation, gastric irritation, or distress.
- Apart from the fat loss it also provides support to bones and joints by inducing absorption of calcium, zinc, iron, etc.
- It decreases triglycerides levels and also eliminates fat by binding it with bile.
- It is manufactured in GMP-approved processing facilities and has no signs of added chemicals/preservatives.
- It is apt for individuals who follow a vegan or a vegetarian diet as it contains no dairy, soy, or allergens.
- Is marked as non-GMO and non-irradiated.
- The company offers replacement and return facilities within a time frame of 14-days.
- It has an assured money-back guarantee of 30 days.
- Fast shipping facilities that can be tracked.
- Ensures the customers a double dose of prebiotics, as it is packed in NutriCaps capsules which have a high prebiotic content.
- It has a low-calorie count and can be easily fitted into your daily diet plan.
What makes Performance Lab Prebiotic stand out amongst other Probiotic supplement brands in the market?
The Performance Lab Prebiotic Supplement definitely excels when compared to other plain prebiotic products.
X. These random formulations only focus on the growth and functions of a single good bacteria group instead of targeting many and causing unwanted stomach aches and problems. But Performance Lab Prebiotics feeds the already existing healthy microorganisms present in the gut and enables their rapid multiplication.
- Most of the supplements are not strong enough to withstand the strongly acidic conditions of the stomach and hence die quickly before reaching the small intestine. On the other side, the Inulin-FOS combination of prebiotics in Performance Lab Prebiotic reaches the colon lining smoothly to get metabolized by Bifidobacterium.
- Other sub-standard supplements make false promises of having thousands of living healthy bacteria strains in them, while the truth is quite the opposite. Most of the bacteria species are dead on arrival or are too weak to sustain. Performance Lab does not believe in making false claims and has defined doses of the supplement, with each capsule containing precise amounts of the nutrients to provide maximum digestion comfort and metabolic support.
- The Performance Lab Prebiotic has even more added advantages of being vegan friendly as it has no usage of animal by-products, and is also soy, dairy, gluten-free, etc.
- It has also been verified to be genetically unmodified and non-irradiated.
- The company also assures its customers of amazing offers and extra perks on purchase.
Have there been any reported side effects?
- The Performance Lab Prebiotic is marked as non-GMO and non-irradiated which makes it a reliable option.
- It also contains no allergens, chemical preservatives, or colorants.
- It contains clean limited ingredients which are mostly soluble fibers that promote the growth of healthy microbes in the gut and enhance probiotic function.
- It has no mention of added calories,
…therefore, it is absolutely healthy and stands no chance of showing bad side effects.
What are the safety protocols?
All needed safety precautions and measures are followed by the company.
- The company uses technologically superior high-end ingredients which are limited in number.
- The defined and clean dosage of the product also backs up the safety policies.
- Instead of introducing various cultures of foreign good bacteria species in the body, the formula only focuses on enhancing the functions of the already existing microbiome in the digestive tract.
- The chemical-free formula of the supplement also provides added probiotic and metabolism support to the body.
- It has the highly nutritious and trademarked ingredient of Inulin-FOS as Orafti Synergy1 which is extracted from Chicory Root.
- These scientific ingredients aid joint health and immunity power.
- It has been tested to be genetically unmodified and has not undergone radiation exposure that can alter its design.
- All the additives are clinically registered and approved and are free of eggs, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, dairy, etc.
- The product is verified to cause no allergic reactions and is contained in Prebiotic NutiCaps Capsules.
- To bind the ingredients the company uses NuFlow rice concentrate.
- Even if the customers dislike the product, the company has implemented an:
- Easy 14-days return policy and
- A 30-day performance guarantee.
How soon will the product show result on my body?
The product will show results within the first few weeks of usage. Some customers have also reported having observed better digestion from the very first few days of using it. The product will clear your gut and improve bowel movement from the initial days of usage itself without any signs of negative reactions. But it is to be remembered that every individual is different and takes time to adapt to supplements.
So, even if you do not see results right from the first days, do not get disheartened. It might be because your body is taking time to adjust to the new changes taking place in the colon. You will definitely get results; be it earlier or sometime later. Regularity in taking the supplement is the only way that will guarantee you spectacular results.
What is the recommended dosage of Performance Lab Prebiotic?
Buyers can take up to 6 capsules of the product every day.
- They can consume 3 capsules of the product with their breakfast
- And the other 3 capsules with their lunch/brunch or dinner.
It should be taken along with 8 oz of water. Consumption of 6 capsules may be hard for some, that is why the capsules can also be opened and the mixture can be added to smoothie bowls, protein shakes, and juices for user convenience. The meals taken during the entire day should be well-balanced and nutritious.
Some Tips to Maximize the Results of Performance Lab Prebiotic:
- Yogurt/curd is the most conventional source of getting prebiotics. So, make sure you add curd/yogurt to your daily meals. Make some smoothies or salad dressings using yogurt. Greek yogurt is also a good option if you want to lose some weight.
- If you do not like the caffeine kick of coffee you can switch to chicory drinks, they are a good source of prebiotics and also contain less caffeine.
- Add onions, shallots, and other greens to your pizza toppings and salads. Spring onions are also good as they contain high doses of antioxidants and also support good bacterial growth in the GI tract.
- Leeks are also good for digestion, they come from the same family as onions.
- Cabbage and cauliflower can add crunch and volume to your meals and also ensure you get your stomach cleared.
- Add a handful of chickpeas to your meals, as they are high in protein and also enhance the functions of healthy bacteria.
- Legumes and lentils are your last resort when you have no healthy options available. They are high in fiber and aid intestinal health.
- Soybeans and kidney beans are also good vegan options that are good for the stomach.
- Cut some bananas and apples and sprinkle some almonds on the top. Regularly have this breakfast bowl along with the capsules and say goodbye to all your stomach infections.
- Eat some fresh watermelon for hydration as well as added fiber.
Is the product legal?
The Performance Lab Prebiotic contains limited clinically registered ingredients and is manufactured in GMP-approved facilities. Therefore, it can be undeniably labeled as legal.
- It contains the ingredient Inulin-FOS which is a patented Orafti Synergy1 technology registered under BENEO-Orafti Inc.
- The other nutrition technologies used are Nutricaps fermented Tapioca capsules and rice concentrate registered under Nuflow.
Moreover, the supplement has no usage of chemicals which is illegal or harmful to the body or the environment. The product is unharmed by radiation or genetic changes. It can be recycled as it is devoid of BPA.
Are there any deceptive products out there?
The company Performance Lab by Opti Nutra Limited has built its brand value over the years by maintaining its originality and providing extraordinary service to its customers. It is known for being real and genuine. It does not mislead the customers by claiming false benefits. The company has made its labels clear and educative for the customers. It does what it claims to do and nothing less.
Unlike most brands, it does not make false claims about containing 100+ bacteria strains. It accentuates the functions of just one group which is suitable for providing enough digestive support. To protect the customers the company has also implemented safety policies and measures.
Which is a safe place to buy Performance Lab Prebiotic: Amazon, GNC, Walmart, or Walgreens?
Amazon, GNC, Walmart, Or Walgreens are popular outlets, therefore customers have relatively higher chances of looking for the product in these places. However, they should note that these places are unreliable and have rigid return and replacement policies. These digital/retail stores can even con you and charge higher prices and offer limited discount coupons.
The Official Performance Lab Website provides original products and also helps you to save some cash through their unlimited seasonal discount options on bulk buying. Make a smarter choice and buy the supplement only from the authenticated handle of the brand.
Top 5 reasons to purchase Performance Lab Prebiotic:
- It offers a 2-in-1 method of dealing with stomach ailments and gastric problems, as it enhances the functions of probiotic bacteria and also increases soluble fiber intake.
- It enhances metabolic and immune functions of the body by aiding fat burning and resisting pathogens.
- It has limited additives which give a clear-cut idea to the customers about the formulation of the product.
- It contains no allergens, soy, dairy, tree nuts, fish, eggs, peanuts, gluten, etc, and is absolutely safe for the consumption of all individuals including vegans.
- Comes along with added advantages and offers value for money as well.
What is the cost of Performance Lab Prebiotic?
- The one-month pack (1 box) of the product costs $44.00.
- The two-month pack (2 boxes) costs $88.00 and
- The three-month pack costs $132.00 and has a buy 3 get 1 free offer.
Meisha Reyn (Chicago, USA):-
“I ordered the one-month pack of the Performance Lab Dietary Prebiotics a few weeks back and have been consistently taking the capsules as directed on the label. Honestly, for the initial few weeks, I did not notice much of a difference but I started seeing good noticeable differences in the past few days as my stomach bloating has reduced and I feel fewer hunger pangs now! It did take some time to work on me but it did work! Good product!”
Dorothy Kim (Woodlands, Singapore):-
“This supplement is actually very good and has better quality and packaging when compared to similar types of products which are available in the market. It has decreased my frequent gastric problems and indigestion issues. I can eat everything now without worrying about having stomach cramps! A very good start to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, thanks Performance Lab Prebiotic!”
John Mascarenas (Adelaide, Australia):-
“Last month my mother and I started using this Prebiotic supplement by Performance Lab and we have been loving it ever since. I was worried about the kickbacks that most of these prebiotic supplements come with, but fortunately, I did not get any with this product. My mom and I use it regularly now and trust it blindly when it comes to soothing our stomachs. Good is an understatement for this product!”
Billy Edward (London, UK):-
“I am very happy as I have dropped some weight over the past few weeks while using Performance Lab Prebiotic. I thought it would just help with easing my digestion, but it actually also helped me to reduce my weight. I take about three capsules of the product every day with my breakfast and till my lunch, I don’t feel hungry. Following this pattern has really helped me to lose fat. It is super healthy!”
Thomas Warren (Hamilton, Canada):-
“I had troubles with my bowel movement. I experienced extreme bloating after drinking/eating dairy products. I was looking for a vegan prebiotic supplement for a long time as I am allergic to dairy especially. Stool passing has become very comfortable now and I don’t experience any irritability too! All thanks to this incredible brand. Easy to carry and use and shows real results!”
Louis Stew (Auckland, New Zealand):-
“Performance Lab Prebiotic is my all-time-favorite product of this brand. As I am a frequent gym-goer, I tend to eat a lot of protein and high-calorie foods. This sometimes causes digestion issues, gas, and bloating which lowers my stamina to perform. This product comes very handy when following a calorie surplus diet. Also, the capsules themselves have very fewer calories which means no unwanted calorie consumption!”
The Performance Lab Prebiotic has high-end packaging and a superior recipe, which supports the functions and growth of healthy bacteria in the GI tract. It targets the growth of a particular species of good bacteria instead of causing unnecessary overcrowding in the gut lining, which can ultimately lead to opposite side effects. It is low in calories and also provides weight loss support by enhancing the metabolism. It is a combination of patented soluble fiber and carbohydrates which increases the body’s resistance power. It is supported by scientific facts and data. And exceptional offers and discounts can also be availed on your purchase when ordering from the Performance Lab’s Official Website.
|Product:||Performance Lab Prebiotic|
|Price:||$44.00 for a one-month supply|
|Suitability:||Both men and women|
|Performance Lab Prebiotic Dosage:|
|Availability:||Visit only the official website of Performance Lab.|
|Shipping facilities:||Fast and trackable|
|Money-back guarantee||30-days money-back guarantee|
|Returns and replacements:||14-days easy returns and replacements|
|Type:||Vegan/vegetarian, 100% organic/natural|